Great Lakes Caring Hospice Volunteers Make a Difference
Great Lakes Caring Hospice volunteers are compassionate, giving individuals from all walks of life who share the most precious gift they have-- their time -- to enhance the lives of others.
Great Lakes Caring is always happy to connect with compassionate people who want to give back to their communities in a meaningful way. No special skills are necessary-- just a listening ear and an open heart.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
- Companion and respite volunteers offer support to patients and their caregivers through friendly visits.
- By Your Side℠ volunteers provide a supportive presence at the bedside of patients in their final days or hours.
- Legacy volunteers record patient memories and stories for the patient’s family to have as a keepsake.
- Veteran volunteers offer support to Veteran patients and participate in the We Honor Veterans program.
- Pet Therapy volunteers and their certified pet therapy dogs visit patients in homes or facilities for added support and socialization.
- Bereavement volunteers provide grief support
- Office volunteers aid with various clerical and administrative tasks in our offices.
- Volunteers may also participate with various special events or share a special gift such as music or crafting.
Become a Certified Advanced Hospice Volunteer
Committed to raising awareness of hospice care among seasoned health care professionals and those entering the medical and behavioral health fields, Great Lakes Caring Hospice established the Advanced Hospice Volunteer Certification.
This FREE service learning program is designed to provide those who participate with an introduction to hospice care and relevant, hands-on experience, valued by educational institutions and employers.
Start building a solid foundation for your future today!