Paying for Our Services

Paying for Our Services

Great Lakes Caring

With the many different types of health care services, physician specialties and insurance coverages throughout the Midwest, understanding the financial details can be confusing and overwhelming. That is why we handle the essential billing, coverage coordination and paperwork at Great Lakes Caring. We want you to focus all of your time and energy into your recovery, rehabilitation or other care process without stressing over additional financial-related challenges.

If you are considering any services from the Great Lakes Caring Family, contact us today to discuss the coverages and payment options that are available to you or your loved one.

Home Health Care

Medicare Part A covers the home health services provided by Great Lakes Caring Home Health. Part A is a premium-free (no deductible) coverage that is made available to most individuals after they turn 65 years of age.

To receive coverage for home health benefits under Medicare, you must be under the care of a physician, homebound during the course of treatment, require part-time intermittent skilled services and reside in the Great Lakes Caring Home Health Medicare coverage area.

Home health services are also eligible to be covered by Medicaid, private insurance and other private-funding options. However, these options sometimes have additional criteria that must be met to receive coverage.

Hospice Care

Medicare Part A covers the hospice services provided by Great Lakes Caring Hospice. Great Lakes Caring Hospice is available to you when you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and have been medically-certified to have a life expectancy of less than six months.

Medicare can cover hospice services provided by Great Lakes Caring Hospice if the following conditions are met:

Hospice services are also eligible to be covered by Medicaid, private insurance and other private-funding options. However, these options sometimes have additional criteria that must be met to receive coverage.

Home Medical Equipment

Medicare Part B covers home medical equipment provided by Great Lakes Caring Home Medical Equipment. Part B is a purchased plan, which covers home medical equipment items and physicians’ visits at 80% of the reasonable fee, leaving a 20% co-pay to be paid by you or your co-paying insurance.

Most home medical equipment requires a doctor’s authorization or prescription before it can be provided, which allows privately-held insurances to pay for many costs not covered by Medicare. However, insurance generally does not pay for home medical equipment such as bathroom safety items, over-the-bed tables, daily living items or Great Lakes Caring Lifeline.

Great Lakes Caring

Insurance and Payment

Find insurance and payment information for: