Hospice Disease Focused Care
Great Lakes Caring Hospice understands that patients suffering from end-stage diseases have specific needs that are unique to their illness. Our disease specific protocols and specialized care were developed to help patients, families and physicians manage disease-specific symptoms at the end of life.
Great Lakes Caring’s disease focused care includes:
- Disease specific care paths with medication and non-medication interventions for common end of life symptoms
- Disease specific daily engagement action plans for patients and families to help manage symptoms in the home, know when to contact their hospice team, and keep patients out of the hospital unnecessarily
- Dementia Care Certified clinicians
- Three full-time shifts of nurses working 24/7/365, including holidays and weekends.
- Industry-leading clinical quality and pain management delivery.
- Increased presence and family support at the end of life when you need us most.
We have disease specific protocols and specialized care for:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and other Dementias
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)