Hospice COPD Disease Focused Care
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a chronic illness which affects millions of individuals in the U.S. Great Lakes Caring Hospice understands that patients suffering from end-stage COPD have specific needs that are unique to their illness.
Great Lakes Caring’s Hospice COPD Disease Focused Care program was developed to help patients, families and physicians manage COPD-specific symptoms at the end of life.
Great Lakes Caring’s COPD Difference:
- COPD specific care path with medication and non-medication interventions for COPD symptoms: cough, secretions/sputum, dyspnea, anxiety/fear.
- COPD daily engagement action plan helps patients and families manage symptoms in the home, know when to contact their hospice team, and keep patients out of the hospital unnecessarily.
- Three full-time shifts of nurses working 24/7/365, including holidays and weekends.
- Industry-leading clinical quality and pain management delivery.
- Increased presence and family support at the end of life when you need us most.