Grief following the death of a loved one is a normal, healthy and necessary process. The process is different for everyone and there is no “right way” to grieve. Increasing one’s understanding of the natural grief and mourning process may make the experience less overwhelming.
Great Lakes Caring’s bereavement services offers counsel to families and individuals in the following ways:
- Regular mailings with information about grief and additional specific grief materials
- Supportive phone calls
- Individual grief counseling
- Bereavement support groups
- Special groups or workshops such as “Coping with the Holidays”, “Mother’s Day Remembrance Tea”, “Rituals of Remembrance”, “Memorial Day, We Honor Veterans”
- Children’s grief camps
- Assistance in accessing community resources
- Annual memorial services
Call us for support at 800.379.1600.