Great Lakes Home Health and Hospice Has a New Name - Great Lakes Caring℠
New Name, Logo, Tagline and Website Reflect Great Lakes Caring's Ongoing Commitment to Superior Quality Care and Positioning for Future Growth
Today, Great Lakes Home Health and Hospice announced it has a new name, Great Lakes Caring. The new name and brand more accurately reflect a core commitment to advancing the continuum of home health and hospice care to customers, patients and community.
“Great Lakes Caring is our new brand name, but we are much more than a name. Our name marks an exciting new era for our company. It reflects who we are today, and where we are going,” said Great Lakes Caring CEO and founder William Deary.
“Our new name is symbolic of our continued commitment to superior quality patient care. Great Lakes Caring embodies who we are and what we do. In fact, we like to say that OUR NAME IS OUR MISSION. We are passionate about caring and building strong relationships with those we are provided the honor to serve.”
“The use of the word “caring” in our name evokes many of our core values, including family, collaboration and quality. Our new name is another step toward our goal of being the number-one provider of health care whether in someone’s home or in a facility,” explained Deary.
In 17 years, Great Lakes Caring has grown organically from a small, two-room office with a staff of four into an operation of what is now one of the Midwest’s largest providers of home health care and hospice services with 14 offices in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. Its recent acquisitions include: In-House Hospice and Palliative Care, one of the largest hospice providers in Michigan and Ohio; Community Home Health Network, and Day-to-Day Hospice in Indiana.
Great Lakes Caring is known for:
- Being highly focused on the patient experience
- Being a premier provider of a continuum of care
- Advanced technologies and next-generation home health and hospice care programs
- Exceeding the expectation of physicians and facilities
- Commitment to quality of work life for employees
- Improving the standard of home health care and hospice—and receiving numerous awards including:
- Inc. 5000
- Michigan Award of Excellence for Improving Care in the Home Health Setting
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for West Michigan
- Michigan Small Business Person of the Year Award-William Deary
- National Home Care 100
- Home Health Quality Improvement National Campaign participant
- Accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (select divisions)
- Detroit Free Press Top Work Place
- Corp! Salute to Diversity – Winner
ABOUT GREAT LAKES CARING
Founded in 1994, Great Lakes Caring is a full service health care company dedicated to providing superior quality health care in the home environment. Headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, Great Lakes Caring is one of the Midwest’s largest providers of home health care and hospice services. They have received numerous awards for excellence and employ more than 1,150 health care professionals who daily serve more than 6,000 patients with superior quality care. More than 2,000 loyal physicians entrust their patients’ health to Great Lakes Caring.